[Zope-PTK] Can't create portal

Fabio Forno fad@interfree.it
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 02:18:19 +0200

"Brent A. Nelson" wrote:

> I can't create a portal using the current CVS PTK and Zope 2.2.0.  The
> first problem I encountered was a minor problem with the CVS contents: the
> DemoPortal and Wizard directories from CVS are apparently older than the
> DemoPortal.zexp and Wizard.zexp in PTKDemo, and prevent you from importing
> the newer .zexp files.
>
> After deleting those directories from lib/python/Products, successfully
> importing the .zexp files, and restarting Zope, I still can't create a
> portal, however.  I get the following Zope error (see below) related to
> "portal_actions" not being found.
>
> Any ideas what might be wrong?

I had the same problem. You must replace the
PTKDemo.DemoPortalBase.createPortalTools method with this one (it was
using tool ids instead of meta_types)

def createPortalTools(self, props):
        """Set up initial components  --  called by ZClass
constructor"""

        # Add tools.
        addPTKBaseTool =
self.manage_addProduct['PTKBase'].manage_addTool
        addPTKBaseTool(self, 'PTK Basic Actions Tool', None)
        addPTKBaseTool(self, 'PTK Basic Catalog', None)
        addPTKBaseTool(self, 'PTK Basic Discussion Tool', None)
        addPTKBaseTool(self, 'PTK Basic Workflow Tool', None)
        addPTKBaseTool(self, 'PTK Basic Undo Tool', None)

        addPTKDemoTool =
self.manage_addProduct['PTKDemo'].manage_addTool
        addPTKDemoTool(self, 'PTK Demo Membership Tool', None)
        addPTKDemoTool(self, 'PTK Demo Registration Tool', None)
        addPTKDemoTool(self, 'PTK Demo URL Tool', None)
        addPTKDemoTool(self, 'PTK Demo Interface Tool', None)

        # portal_properties is implemented as a ZClass.
        propsTool = self.PortalProperties()
        self._setObject(propsTool.id, propsTool)

        # Add Members folder
        manage_addPortalFolder(self, 'Members')
        self.Members.manage_addDTMLMethod('index_html', 'Member list',
                                          members_roster)