[Zope-PTK] Re: PTK security

Fabio Forno sciasbat@inorbit.com
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 16:49:11 +0200

Shane Hathaway wrote:

> Do you see any drawbacks to simply making it so that the item is moved
> rather than copied upon putting it in the "published" state?

A user can't edit a previously published document without forcing it to
be set to private immediately. To skip this limitation a user could make
a local copy manually and then, when modifyed, ask to publish it over
the public version (i.e a field in the set status form that indicates
the document to be overwritten). Anyway I think that mainting the copy
is more intuitive and friendly to anyone who wants to implement some
multiple revision machinery (you have just to chose the version to be
copied into the public area)

ByE,
FF