[Zope-PTK] PTK membership: impossible/really hard to do just now?

Dennis Nichols nichols@tradingconnections.com
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 15:09:48 -0500

My goal is to put together a PTK-based site using a MySQL db for the user
database. I started 4 months ago developing the application based on Zope
PTK without worrying about the login/user source stuff back then. Now it's
time to go to a production site and use real-world user logins (and lots of
them) but it looks to me like stability and  implementability of Zope
and/or PTK is less settled now than it has been for some time.

My particular problem is the login stuff. As far as I can tell...

a) previous login stuff has been separated from the PTK in latest version

b) the preferred login/user source method is to use LoginMaster, whose
HowTo says only "Coming soon..." and I find it impossible to muddle through
this complex product. There is no ready-made MySQL source or any other
source that could serve as a reasonably complete model.

c) Membership (aka PortalMembership?) looks very promising but what is
there is alpha, and worse yet "There is currently no support for using it
in the PTK"

Does this mean I should stay at Zope 2.16 and PTK 0.7.1?