[Zope-PTK] PTK workflow proposal

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Sun, 27 Aug 2000 09:03:22 -0400

First, sending email as HTML makes life difficult for replies and for
mail archives.  I've changed this to plain text.

Regarding templates, chances are good that Zope will move towards
templates.  We already had a template proposal online and yours is a
second, so this looks good.

I certainly know about ZopeFish, and since Zope already support xml-rpc,
it's a natural fit.  I agree that Pike/RU could make life a lot easier,
and Zope should support what David Brown is doing.  Dave Winer and I
have a call planned for today or tomorrow to chat about this.

Note that Pike/RU is only a solution for Windows and Mac users and it
isn't clear that it will always be free of charge.  Thus, Pike/RU can
only be part of the picture.

We've already done a lot to make integration with other tools possible
(XML-RPC being one, WebDAV being another, and FTP as well).  It just
takes people doing things like your volunteering to integrate it with
Dreamweaver -- you're right that it shouldn't be that hard, since Andrew
Wooldridge has done a fair amount of work already.  We're working on
Adobe GoLive 5, which has WebDAV support.

As for Python debugging within Pike/RU, I'm curious as to why you think
that would be easy.  Do you have some prototypes?

--Paul