[Zope-PTK] Show by Permission

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 15:19:12 +0100

Shane Hathaway wrote:
> That facility already exists in PTKDemo.  Look at the addMember()
> method of DemoMembershipTool.  It creates a PortalFolder for the member
> and sets up non-acquired permissions which prevent anonymous access.
> When an item is marked "published", special permission settings are set
> up by WorkflowTool that allow anonymous access to that item only.

I wonder if this permission thing could be leveraged so you can only
show stuff that has been reviewed?
(I'm thinking in a Swishdot context here...)

The key thing there was 'show'. I might, say, want to build a thread
list of only approved articles, coudl the permissions stuff be used to
do this easily?

cheers,

Chris