[Zope-PTK] Re: PTK tools outside of a portal

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Fri, 08 Dec 2000 09:35:14 -0500

"Pack, Aaron E" wrote:

> On a totally different note, is there a way from the Zope management
> interface to implement some of these PTK tools (and I know that there are
> objects called tools, but that's not quite what I mean) in a standard Zope
> installation?  I want to use the workflow tool, new member function, the
> editing side bar, and the structured text editing stuff, along with some
> wizards, from the Zope root.

If you look at the "add" list on your site after PTK has been installed,
you'll see "PTK base tool" listed.  You can add any of the tools
anywhere, including the root of the site.  All you'll need besides that
is the DTML that stitches them together.

> Is there a management console-based way to do this, or do I need to get into
> the code and have some prolonged fun?  (Background: I'm simply a web
> designer charged with the task of content and workflow management as well as
> user session control...  By Jan 16th...)  If it's the code-based method,
> what/where is the best place to go after Zope consulting or for a Python
> programmer?

Digital Creations does consulting (hint, hint)... :-)

> Final question, is the O'Reilly Zope text the best text available, or is
> digging through the ZDP site better?

It depends on what you're after.  I'd start with Itamar's roadmap
document, which will lead you to either the book or something else.

Shane