[Zope-PTK] Can't install PTK

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 17:59:47 -0500

Milos Prudek wrote:

> I tried to install latest PTK (0.9.2) on Zope 2.2.4
>
> I copied versions 0.7.0, 0.8.2, 0.9.0 and 0.9.2, and I placed them into
> lib/python/Products, always allowing overwrite.

I don't know why this route seemed useful to you.  Installing
successive versions of software "over" previous versions can
generate all sorts of spurious problems.  For instance, the
contents of the directories changed significantly between 0.7.x
and 0.8.x;  version 0.8.2 also has the "distribution tab"
versions of DemoPortal and Wizard, which may cause odd problems.
Please *all* PTK product directories from your lib/python/Products
(PTKBase, PTKDemo, ZCallable, DemoPortal, Wizard);  then unpack
the 0.9.2 version, link or copy the Wizard.zepx and
DemoPortal.zexp export files into your import directory, and
restart Zope.

> Then I copied Wizard.zexp and DemoPortal.zexp into the import dir.
>
> When I try to import Wizard.zexp, I get this error, even though there is
> no previous Wizard entry in Control Panel/Products:
> Error Type: Duplicate Class Ids
>                Error Value: None
>
> When I try to import Demoportal.zexp, I get this error:
> Error Type: SystemError
>                Error Value: Failed to import class AnObject from module
>                Products.PythonMethod.PythonMethod
>
> I had no problems with Zope 2.2.2 and PTK 0.9.0

I install 0.9.2 (only) into a stock 2.2.4 Zope without problems.

Tres.