[Zope-PTK] Member Publishing

Renato De Giovanni rdg@viafractal.com.br
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 21:49:51 -0200

> It would be very helpful if someone could create UI mockups of a state
> machine creation and editing interface.  We need to know whether state
> machines of this kind are simple enough to express on web pages.  If
> they are too complex, we can simply create an API and the state machine
> would be generated by Python calls to the API.

I think it's possible to do some basic state machine representation
using simplified web interfaces - even considering sub-state machines
(by the way I'm not convinced that sub-state machines are really
necessary, think carefully before trying to implement them!).

I have very little experience with zope, however I participated on a
project some years ago (using other tools) where state machines where
all defined into a database (transitions, triggers, conditions,
permissions), and the system behaved according to them.
So, I decided to take some time to create a _simple_ web interface that
could represent a state machine, and an entity-relationship diagram that
could store this information (I know it's not the most appropriate kind
of diagram in this situation, but the concepts are similar to other
diagrams). Maybe you find something useful there:

http://www.zope.org/Members/rdg/stuff/workflow/

HTH,
--
Renato