[Zope-PTK] Newby question: changing workflow

Arjan de Knegt adeknegt@worldonline.nl
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 10:34:56 +0100 (MET)

Tres,

Thanks a lot. This should do the trick for me.

Arjan.

-----
On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Tres Seaver wrote:

> Arjan de Knegt wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> I've been playing around with the PTK for a while now and I think it's a
> great portal framework :-). But, as always, there is functionality that I
> would like to add/change:
> When a document with status "published" is edited, the status should be
> reset to "private". Current PTK allows for editing of published documents.
>
> As far as my investigation into PTK sources went, I think I could hack
> Document.py of PTKDemo product to achieve this. Subclass Document class
> and create a new "edit" function or something similar?

You can do the subclassing either on the Filesystem, or in a ZClass (in
either case, I would create a new product).  On the filesystem, you
would
override the 'edit' method to set 'review_state' back to 'private' and
then call the orignal method;  something like:

  from Products.PTKDemo import Document

  class MyDocument( Document ):

      def edit( self, title, description, text_format
              , text, file='', REQUEST=None):
          """
              Force us back to 'private'.
          """
          self.setReviewState( 'private', 'Edited' )
          PTKDemo.edit( self, title, description, text_format
                      , text, file, REQUEST )

> Being quite a novice on Zope and python development I hope someone can set
> me on the right track.

Hope that helps!

Tres.