[Zope-PTK] Stability rule-of-thumb (fwd)

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Thu, 03 Feb 2000 12:33:16 -0500

At 12:14 PM 2/3/00 -0500, Mike Pelletier wrote:

>    This is not to say that PTKBase is written in stone, either.  Clearly
>MemberFolderBase and MemberBase are going to change quite a lot to take
>advantage of GUF and whatnot.  It'll be done so as to disturb as little
>existing code as possible, but I'm not yet willing to guarantee that it
>will not require any changes.  (Wait `till later today.)

Quick question: do you plan to use the full-blown GUF model with its fancy
cookies and caches and all that, or is it going to be more like the
currently released MemberFolderBase, just with support for adding
getUser/etc. methods?  Some of my apps have cookie compatibility issues
with the GUF, but should work fine with the released MFB class, so I'd like
to suggest/request keeping an extremely plain-jane MFB available, if that's
possible.