[Zope-PTK] Re: Adding a Portal Folder..

Bruno Vernier vernier@vc.bc.ca
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 00:48:22 -0800

> When I add a "Portal Folder" from the drop down menu, it'd be nice if it
> created for me a default index_html document.  Is it supposed to do this?
> I'm not a Zope developer (yet), so it's a little beyond me to grasp how to
> add this feature myself quite yet.  Maybe in another week.  Until then I'm
> creating the index_html's by hand.  Not a big deal, but I was curious
> nonetheless.

> Thanks
> Ray Van Dolson

Success: I got ZopePTK to install properly  (an hour ago).

Some Possibly Useful Notes:

1. I had trouble with the directions;  I kept trying to import the
DemoPortal.zexp in the wrong place;  it needs to go right in the products
folder (not in PTKBase nor PTKDemo)

2. The Product was open because the "Help" object depends on some "Unknown"
product even after a zope restart ... anyways it looks like this is not
vitally important.

3. There appears two Portal objects in the add object button of every folder:
one called "Portal" and the other "Portal Folder", for which I found no
documentation anywhere.

4. I created a Portal Folder, which like for Ray here, got me nothing exciting

5. I deleted it and created a "Portal" and the install died on the third
screen ... something about _getOb not being found.

6. On a hunch, I recreated a "Portal Folder", and within that created a
"Portal" and that installed properly all the way.

I am not sure if that is how it was intended, but perhaps that will help you
Ray.

Bruno