[Zope-PTK] Adding stuff to a portal

Mike Pelletier mike@digicool.com
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 11:10:12 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 10 Feb 2000, Bill Anderson wrote:

> OK, have the latest CVS of the PTK, works fine, with a few caveats.
>
> o I can't add any additional folders (og PTK or standard variety),
> ZDiscussions, etc. I have succesfully and effortlessly put a
> KnowledgeBas ein, but everything else I try returns the following
> traceback.

    I'm not certain what's happened here.  Since the DTML was able to find
getPortal (in the object's context) I can't see why Toolbox.__call__ was
unable to find that method on the object.  Furthermore, I can't reproduce
the problem.  Is it possible that I could examine your site myself?

> o Member pages (ZODB) have to have an extra index_html tacked on to
> them, or suffer an attribute error for __call__.

    This is kind of ugly.  Zope seems to treat objects called 'index_html'
differently, though I don't know this for certain.  It seems as though it
never looks for an 'index_html' method on an object named 'index_html'.
If I add '__call__=index_html' to the class, the DTML method is called but
not in the context of the object (??!) so there are KeyErrors trying to
reference any of the object's attributes.  This deserves some more of my
attention.  Suggestions are appreciated!

--
Mike Pelletier                          email: mike@digicool.com
Mild mannered software developer          icq: 7127228