[Zope-PTK] Problem adding News (was: Problem adding member)

Jochen Haeberle listen@MIDRAS.de
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 14:27:17 +0100

At 15:13 Uhr -0500 13.02.2000, Mike Pelletier wrote:
>On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Stefan Langerman wrote:
>
>  > Cool! it's working! I can now add new members, but...
>  >
>  > The member cannot create anything. I try to create a News item
>  > (or a link), follow the two steps, and get:
>
>  > But we're slowly getting somewhere... I feel it...
>
>     Another bonehead move on my part.  When I stoped registering all the
>portal classes with Zope, the constructors became unavailable.  I now have
>all these classes adding their constructor methods to the PortalFolder
>class.  Sorry!
>
>     Since the Wizards changed, you will have to delete and re-import the
>DemoPortal.zexp file.  If you wish to preserve existing portals, you will
>have to refresh their interface from the template.  This is done by

I have updated the cvs-tree, deleted my portal instance and the
DemoPortal product, restarted Zope, copied the new DemoPortal.zexp to
my import folder and tried to import that file.

This raises the error

Error Type: ImportError
Error Value: No module named PTKDemo

<!--
Traceback (innermost last):
   File /serve/MIS-Zope-2.1.3/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
214, in publish_module
   File /serve/MIS-Zope-2.1.3/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
179, in publish
   File /serve/MIS-Zope-2.1.3/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 202,
in zpublisher_exception_hook
     (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
   File /serve/MIS-Zope-2.1.3/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
165, in publish
   File /serve/MIS-Zope-2.1.3/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line
160, in mapply
     (Object: manage_importObject)
   File /serve/MIS-Zope-2.1.3/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
102, in call_object
     (Object: manage_importObject)
   File /serve/MIS-Zope-2.1.3/lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py, line
478, in manage_importObject
     (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
   File /serve/MIS-Zope-2.1.3/lib/python/ZODB/ExportImport.py, line
284, in importFile
ImportError: (see above)

-->

I checked, I have the Product PTKDemo and everything seems all right
with it (except the TAB README offers no content...

My fault or something else??

Jochen