[Zope-PTK] Problem adding News (was: Problem adding member)

Jochen Haeberle listen@MIDRAS.de
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 10:40:40 +0100

Mike,

At 17:07 Uhr -0500 14.02.2000, Mike Pelletier wrote:
>On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Jochen Haeberle wrote:
>
>  > I have updated the cvs-tree, deleted my portal instance and the
>  > DemoPortal product, restarted Zope, copied the new DemoPortal.zexp to
>  > my import folder and tried to import that file.
>  >
>  > This raises the error
>  >
>  > Error Type: ImportError
>  > Error Value: No module named PTKDemo
>
>     Aye carumba!  Nothing relevant occurs to me.  Try this: delete the
>PTKDemo product from your Product Management Control Panel, then restart
>Zope and examine the Product Management Control Panel again.  Hopefully,
>PTKDemo will now show up as a "Broken Product" and we'll get some leads.
>If it doesn't, try reimporting the .zexp.  (But this time, cross your eyes
>while you do it.)  (Only kidding about the eyes part, but really do try
>again.)

I did that (tried it on my own :-) but it did not help. I deleted the
symlink to my cvs download and copied the folder directly and that
worked... don't know, what that means, though as this setup worked
before the cvs update... perhaps I should try the eyes part the next
time...

Jochen