[Zope-PTK] finding PTK

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 11:04:38 -0800

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000 12:36:01 +0100
Jochen Haeberle <listen@MIDRAS.de> wrote:

> Hi, well, I am really no PTK hero, but I think you need to
> link/copy PTKBase and PTKDemo directly beneath Products (no
> surrounding ZopePTK folder!).  What you did is create links from
> PTKBase and PTKDemo both to ZopePTK, but you need

Ooops, I didd that -- my typo in copying the commands over to the
email.  My actual install sequence and results were:

   # cd /usr/lib/zope/lib/pythong/Products
   # cvs -z7 -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.zope.org:/cvs-repository checkout ZopePTK
   # ln -sf ZopePTK/PTKBase .
   # ln -sf ZopePTK/PTKDemo .
   ...restart Zope...
   ...Go to Products folder...
   ...See PTKBase and PTKDemo products...
   ...Go to normal folder...
   ...No Portal items listed in ADD list...
   # cp /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/ZopePTK/PTKDemo/DemoPortal.zexp /var/lib/zope/import/
   ...Go to Products folder...
   ...Import DemoPortal.zexp...
   Error Value: No module named PTKDemo

> BTW, symlinking gave me strange problems anyway...

I also tried physically mv'ing the PTK* directories immediately
under the Products tree to only get the same results.

--
J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw@kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder@kanga.nu