[Zope-PTK] feature: calendar

Bill Anderson bill.anderson@libc.org
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 11:21:13 -0700

Timothy Wilson wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Since my last feature request produced so much interesting discussion, I
> thought I'd throw this one out too.
>
> In my context, and I suspect others too, I would love to have a mechanism
> for adding events to my portal. The actual machinery would be very similar
> to the existing link and news items. At our school site, it would be great
> if secretaries, athletic directors, student groups, community groups, etc.
> could all contribute events to a large school/community event calendar.
> Then we could display upcoming events on the homepage by getting them from
> ZCatalog.
>
> Just like the news categories I mentioned before, we'd like to be able to
> filter these events so that a student at the high school wouldn't see all
> of the elementary school events. Similarly, a parent with two kids, one at
> the middle schol and one at the high school, could adjust their
> preferences to see those events.
>
> Perhaps it would be possible then to subclass the generic "event" class
> to make a sporting event class that would include information on the
> opponent, final score, etc. Then we could display up to date sports scores
> for all of our teams right on the home page.
>
> Does this make sense?

Not only doe sit make sense, I am actually working on this event object.

What I need, though, is some docs on how to get portal content to show
up in th wizards page.
IOW, what places does it need to be referenced, etc.

Anyone successfully added a portal content object that shows up for
members when they click on the new button? Care to make a quick guide?
--
In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are
usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.