[Zope-PTK] CVS update: PTK Interfaces

Mike Pelletier mike@digicool.com
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 09:22:53 -0500 (EST)

    Amos has most graciously jumpstarted the process of documenting the
PTK's developer interfaces.  His initial work is available, right now, in
the CVS.  If you update your PTKBase folder, you will find a new folder,
'interfaces'.  It contains a number of files that look like python files,
but are actually documentation.  The documentation is written as python
doc strings attached to classes (one per interface) and methods.  This is
actually a really handy way to document Python interfaces.  They're called
'*.py' to fool emacs, but don't let it fool you.  These aren't actually
inteded for use by the python interpreter.

    As I said, Amos has taken the initial hack at the interfaces,
identifying and documenting four.  I'm picking it up from there.  I'll
also be augmenting what already exists to indicate what is a solid
interface, what is likely to change, and in what manner it seems likely to
change.  I have a HARD deadline of Monday to have all the developer
interfaces documented.  There's no shortage of other items I need to give
attention to before then, so with luck it will be done earlier.  I swear
on a stack of spam, so help me Bob, each commit that adds or changes to
the PTK interfaces will reflect these changes by updating these interface
files.

--
Mike Pelletier                          email: mike@digicool.com
Mild mannered software developer          icq: 7127228