[Zope-PTK] still no go [SOLVED]

Lalo Martins lalo@hackandroll.org
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 17:23:30 -0200

On Fri, Feb 18, 2000 at 09:20:27AM -0500, Jeff K. Hoffman wrote:

> Inside the code for ZClasses, there is a class called MW which, as best I
> can tell, stands for "Methods Wrapper". Seeing as MWp was added to fixed
> my persistence problem, I'd imagine it stands for "Methods Wrapper,
> Persistent".

IC. Well, I found out I was running 2.1.2 in the development
machine, despite my efforts to always leave it at the latest
release (but it's a sparc, and looks like 2.1.(2|3) didn't go
trough the sparc autocompiler for Debian).

I upgraded to 2.1.4 and now I have PTK running.

So, the PTK page (probably in ``Install instructions'') should
say something to effect of:

``PTK depends on Zope 2.1.3 or later, due to some fixes to the
ZClass system.''

Oh, but upgrading Zope won't do; you have to delete the
DemoPortal product, and then, after the upgrade, import it
again. I nearly failed to realize that. :-)

The ``Help'' object is still broken, but I've been warned of
that. Perhaps this should be noted on the page too.

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----
                 Resistance is futile.