[Zope-PTK] where to put new ZClasses

Philipp Dunkel phidu@gmx.net
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 18:14:58 +0100

OK Mike, thats clear.
But the DemoPortal fits almost exactly my needs.
Even if I create my own product (which looks quite near
the DemoPortal product) I don't know where to put my classes.
I just wondered if they need to be beneath the portal-class,
because one is creating a portal-instance to get a portal up n running.

cu
phidu

At 11:54 26.02.00 -0500, you wrote:
>On Sat, 26 Feb 2000, Philipp Dunkel wrote:
>
>> Hi Zopistas out there.
>
>> I'm playing around with the DemoPortal product to make it fit my
>> needs. I want to introduce new ZClasses. My users should be able to
>> add instances of this classes to their "MyStuff-area" = Members/xyz/
>> Where shall I put the new ZClass? Into the portal class? Or direct
>> into the DemoPortal Folder?
>
>    How about 'None of the above'?  Create your own product, and place
>them there.  The DemoPortal.zexp gets changed a couple times a week.  If
>you place your classes in there, you'll end up losing them and have to
>rebuilt them quite often.
>
>Mike.
>
>--
>Mike Pelletier                          email: mike@digicool.com
>Mild mannered software developer          icq: 7127228
>by day, super villain by night.         phone: 519-884-2434

pgp public key available
gpg public key available
ICQ# 60149094