[Zope-PTK] Status of LoginManager

Ty Sarna tsarna@endicor.com
28 Feb 2000 15:23:39 GMT

In article <Pine.LNX.3.96.1000228002934.13812B-100000@taos.kavi.com>,
John Eikenberry  <jae@kavi.com> wrote:
> We need a customizable User object.  I've been reading about the
> LoginManager and it sounds like it would meet our needs... that is we need
> a User ZClass that gets assigned to AUTHENTICATED_USER with custom
> methods.

Like the old Prego commercial used to say, "It's in there!(tm)"

Propertysheets aren't yet supported, thought, so without knowing what
you're trying to do I can't say it will work for you yet.

> I'm not so concerned with it being ultra-stable... as I'm quite
> experienced with zope/bobo/python and am sure I could fix any problems
> quickly. As long as it's API or functionality has stablized.

The parts that are thus written are fairly stable.  The parts we haven't
written yet are less so ;-)

I expect there to be some minor backwards incompatible changes
(LoginManager should really move out of the PTK dir as it's
independantly useful, for example). I think things are nailed down
enough at this point that you could certainly start prototyping based on
it, though.