[Zope-PTK] DISCUSS: Searching based on role

Mike Pelletier mike@metamike.net
Sat, 15 Jan 2000 13:18:45 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 15 Jan 2000, Paul Everitt wrote:

> Member authors Document, changes security to only let "Collaborators", a
> role she defined, see the document.
>
> A Collaborator goes to the URL and sees the document.  The Collaborator
> then does a search of the site using a word in the document and sees the
> document in the results.  Same for a Topic.  However, a regular Member
> gets unauthorized when going to the URL, and can't search for the
> document or see it in a topic.
>
> Is this so, grasshopper?

    It is not.  I have to give this thought.  I don't know if this is
possible or not.  I'll mull it over over breakfast.

> Also, Mike does your new reviewing machinery handle the case for the
> "Owner" role?  That is, can a Member see their own documents and search
> for their own documents?

    It allows the Owner to view it, but not search for it.  Actually, I
haven't yet put in the security to disallow non-owners to view it yet,
they just don't find it on searches.

    Also, I remembered as I was trying to sleep last night that I don't
have a self.reindex_object() anywhere in the reviewing code, so when you
change it's review_state the catalog isn't informed.  Bug.

Mike.

--
Mike Pelletier                          email: mike@digicool.com
Mild mannered software developer          icq: 7127228