[Zope-PTK] Publishing and expiration of content

Mike Pelletier mike@metamike.net
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 10:17:55 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 16 Jan 2000, Kevin Dangoor wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     One thing that is probably worth considering is the automatic publishing
> and expiration of content. Automatic release of news stories at a specific
> time is a feature of KM|Net News that I use all the time. I don't know if
> anyone else thinks this type of feature would be useful. (If not, I can
> always just make my own portal class that has those features).
>
>     Will it be easy to subclass an existing portal class (such as News Item)
> and then add your own properties?

    Scheduled publishing is definitely going to be in there (maybe by
noon).  PortalObjects have a Date method.  That method returns the last
modification time, OR an explicitly set time.  The portal (meaning the
catalog and the objects themselves) will not reveal to untrusted Members
objects which have a futuristic Date.

    Expiration could be added in a similar fashion, but I don't plan to
ATM.

--
Mike Pelletier                          email: mike@digicool.com
Mild mannered software developer          icq: 7127228