[Zope-PTK] keyerror: "logout" on importing ZopeOrg.zexp

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 20:32:30 -0500

Bruce wrote:
> Importing ZopeOrg.zexp, I get a key error for "logout". I don't see
> anything that defines "logout" in the Portal Toolkit. Maybe I'm
> looking in the wrong place. I see that a number of other people hit
> this same problem, but didn't know what was happening and
> only reported
> a resource error.

BTW, this should be a good time to bring this up, particularly given a
post on Technocrat.net yesterday.  Butch knows about this, so it is
appropriate to go ahead and discuss it.

We have reached an agreement with someone that wants to pay us $20k in
February to add some important pieces to Squishdot as an extension of
the PTK effort.  This means a couple of things:

  o PTK work isn't going to stop after the Python conference

  o We'll invest in some important work on Squishdot, then give the
result back to Squishdot

The funding source has asked us to engage the Squishdot community to
validate some of his requirements, which we will do after the
conference.  Suffice it to say that we'll be doing our part to give
Squishdot a big jump towards a 1.0 release, plus let it leverage the
facilities (namely Membership) in the PTK.

> P.S. Due to the efforts of Gregor Hofflight
> <flight@debian.org>, Zope got in
> to the CD set of the upcoming Debian release. I am currently running
> technocrat.net and my other sites on that the Debian
> pre-release and its Zope
> packages, with the modification that I have added SiteAccess and
> VirtualHostFolder.

Thanks for bringing this up.  I'll see that he gets listed in
CREDITS.txt.

--Paul