[Zope-PTK] keyerror: "logout" on importing ZopeOrg.zexp

Bruce Perens bruce@perens.com
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 18:03:17 -0800 (PST)

From: Paul Everitt <Paul@digicool.com>
> We have reached an agreement with someone that wants to pay us $20k in
> February to add some important pieces to Squishdot as an extension of
> the PTK effort.  This means a couple of things:
>
>  o PTK work isn't going to stop after the Python conference
>
>  o We'll invest in some important work on Squishdot, then give the
> result back to Squishdot

Cool. Remember that Butch is a consultant, too. You might consider contracting
him for something.

> plus let it leverage the facilities (namely Membership) in the PTK.

The PTK appears to have a lot to offer. When you guys have a chance, please
package up the missing pieces that keep it from installing on 2.1.2 so that
I can get a look at it :-)

I got a long email from Butch this morning on his future plans for
Squishdot. It sounds as if he's planning a near-complete rewrite, based
on Z-classes, to facilitate future development. I concur with this. I'd
like to see it retargeted to use ZDiscussions as a base and also the PTK
classes. The membership services that the PTK provides ZopeOrg (going by
the version served from zope.org) at present work well for a discussion
site: lots of people want to put up files and images related to their
articles, and a per-member resource area like that in ZopeOrg works well.

Technocrat.net and squishdot.org are presently served from my basement and
tend to die while I'm traveling. I am currently looking for executive
offices to lease for Linux Capital Group (my company, see linuxvc.com)
and will eventually move my zope there and have some professional system
and content management, etc. In the meantime I have ordered a watchdog card
for the system, and will set up a back-up site at our Tucson location.

I misspelled Gregor's name, it's "Gregor Hoffleit <flight@debian.org>".
Please make sure the corrected spelling gets in the CREDITS file.

	Thanks

	Bruce