[Zope-PTK] Internationalization

Lalo Martins lalo@webcom.com
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 13:05:26 -0200

On Thu, Jan 27, 2000 at 10:03:24AM -0500, Paul Everitt wrote:

> Please note that this is the PTK list.  Internationalization for Zope is
> beyond the charter of this effort.

I realize that, and I'm already subscribed to the ``zip'' list.
I was more like, pointing the guy in the right direction.
However, if the PTK is going to be used for any language other
than English (and a few, very few others) then the Catalog must
be fixed, considering how much the PTK depends on the Catalog.

I understand that the priority is for English sites, and an 1.0
without a fixed Catalog would be acceptable (after all, if
you/we shoot too high, 1.0 will _never_ come), but at least
this minimal level of i18n is surely something to pursue ASAP.

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----
                 Resistance is futile.