[Zope-PTK] PTK for an Internet

Dan L. Pierson dan@sol.control.com
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 11:47:54 -0400 (EDT)

DETKE WOLFGANG writes:
 > Hello eveybody.
 >
 > I like to use PTK to share content in an Intranet.
 > Some people in the role of the contributer create Content and all other
 > should be able to view it.
 > In the Zope PTK the files are in the PTK/Member/xx folder.
 > We like to organize a flat hierarchical structure ( PTK/data/rules ,
 > PTK/Data/information ...) instead.
 > Some of the contributers should manage more than one folder, some only one.
 > How can i manipulate "MyStuff" or the toolkit or wizards to get access to
 > other folders?

The basic answer is to put links to folders on the appropriate pages.
Much of this can be done in the template DTML methods the PTK installs
in your PTK folder.

If you'd like users to be able to create folders then you need to
define a new content type, which is a bit more work.  I'd start
looking at how the existing content types are implemented in PTKBase.
This should change fairly soon to a simpler way.  Unfortunately it may
not be compatible.

 > (Or must i go a other way?).

If you're willing to deal with the current development state of the
PTK you should be able to do what you described in it.