[Zope-PTK] PTK Login problems at plexnews.com

tav tav" <tav@espnow.com
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 09:03:00 +0100

I spent two and a half days without food or sleep, working on a grand fusion
of the PTK with ZWiki, and ended up with http://plexnews.com

However, I have run into a serious problem which I haven't been able to
solve :/

This lies with the user login / authentification system. It lets you sign-up
and login correctly, and even shows the logged_in file, telling you that you
have "logged in succesfully". However, go to any other part of the site, and
you are all of a sudden not logged in any more. You are 'Guest' again. Try
clicking on the login form on the left again, and you are miraculously
logged in...

I am probably way off target, but I have an inkling of an idea as to what's
causing the problem... its to do with the urls.... all the urls in the page
are relative and are of the form http://plexnews.com/blah, however the urls
in the toolbox are relative to the absolute url, and are of the form,
http://espnow.com:8080/esp/plexnews/blah

I believe that this is causing the problem, as its two totally different
domains. I tried deleting the self.absolute_url() from PortalObject.py, but
that didnt affect the situation.

I am running the CVS version of the PTK from two days back, with Zope 2.2.
on Slackware. Zope is served through Apache using ProxyPass...

If anyone can help me out, i would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

--
best regards, tav