[Zope-PTK] Off Topic: CVS Question

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 15:50:19 +0100

Chris Withers wrote:

> Does anyone know how I can do a CVS checkout without all the /cvs
> folders?
>
> This'd be really handy for making distributions rather than going
> through and deleting them by hand...

from man cvs:

       export Prepare  copies  of a set of source files for ship-
              ment off site.  Differs from `cvs checkout' in that
              no  cvs administrative directories are created (and
              therefore `cvs commit' cannot be  executed  from  a
              directory  prepared  with `cvs export'), and a sym-
              bolic tag must  be  specified.   (Does  not  change
              repository;  creates  directory  similar to working
              directories).

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer