[Zope-PTK] PTK Status update, portal content objs

Alexander Schonfeld alex@garage.co.jp
Thu, 01 Jun 2000 10:56:11 +0900

On Wed, 31 May 2000 16:59:10 -0400
"Kevin Dangoor" <kid@kendermedia.com> wrote:

> This is something that I think is quite plausible. I think ZPatterns 0.4.0
> will provide great tools for creating very flexible PortalContent objects.
> Experienced Zope users will be able to download Membership and the different
> types of PortalContent and use them as they wish within Zope. They'll be
> able to configure new content notifications and policies however they want
> (and vary that from folder to folder). New users will run a wizard that will
> give them a complete Portal, with the Membership and PortalContent review
> policies already configured.

So should the Portal maintain its current objects like "File", "Image",
"link", "NewsItem" etc... or ideally move them all to ZPatterns?

Just wondering if it is worth developing along the current lines or
working on some ZPatterns solutions.

1010011010101001101010100110101010011010
0  Digital Garage
1  Alexander Schonfeld
0  alex@garage.co.jp - pear - 03-5454-7219
1  http://www.zope.ne.jp/