[Zope-PTK] Adding new Wizards to a Portal

Eric L. Walstad Eric@Walstads.net
Thu, 01 Jun 2000 18:43:00 -0700

Yael / PTK'ers,

Did you ever figure out how to implement a new wizard in the PTK?  I
searched the zope-ptk archives, but yours was the only email I saw that even
addressed this issue and I saw only one response to your message.  I'm
CC'ing the list in hopes that someone in-the-know will respond.

I've looked at the "CreatingAPortalContentZClass"
http://yyy.zope.org/Products/PTK/ZWiki/CreatingAPortalContentZClass?pp=1
and am still confused.  Do I *have* to create a ZClass to use the Wizard?

Also, I don't know how to "Override or extend the implementation of these
methods from PortalContent: [snip] SearchableText [snip] Discussion methods"

Just so that I can figure this out, I would like to try a 'HelloWorld'
wizard that simply asks the users name and then creates a page that greets
them.

Here's what I've tried so far:
1. Create a product called "PTKHelloWorld"
    1a. Create a ZClass called "CPTKHW"
        This class uses "Portal Content Base" as its base class
        1a1. Create a property sheet
            1a1a. Create a property called "HelloName", type = string

2. Create a Wizard inside my portal called "HelloPTK"
     2a. wizard_action = CPTKHW_add
     2b. Created 1 Wizard Page with the following code:
         <H2>Add PTKHW</H2>

When I step thru the wizard's Finish stage, I get the following traceback:
Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 214, in
publish_module
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 179, in
publish
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 202, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 151, in
publish
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/BaseRequest.py, line 340, in
traverse
  File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPResponse.py, line 511, in
notFoundError
NotFound: (see above)

I'm stuck.  Please help!

Thanks,