[Zope-PTK] Adding new Wizards to a Portal

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Thu, 01 Jun 2000 23:43:32 -0400

"Eric L. Walstad" wrote:

> Here's what I've tried so far:
> 1. Create a product called "PTKHelloWorld"
>     1a. Create a ZClass called "CPTKHW"
>         This class uses "Portal Content Base" as its base class
>         1a1. Create a property sheet
>             1a1a. Create a property called "HelloName", type = string
>
> 2. Create a Wizard inside my portal called "HelloPTK"
>      2a. wizard_action = CPTKHW_add
>      2b. Created 1 Wizard Page with the following code:
>          <H2>Add PTKHW</H2>
>
> When I step thru the wizard's Finish stage, I get the following
> traceback:
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 214, in
> publish_module
>   File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 179, in
> publish
>   File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 202, in
> zpublisher_exception_hook
>     (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
>   File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 151, in
> publish
>   File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/BaseRequest.py, line 340,
> in
> traverse
>   File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPResponse.py, line 511,
> in
> notFoundError
> NotFound: (see above)
>
> I'm stuck.  Please help!

The "action" of the wizard needs to be a path which picks up the
product defining the CPTKHW_add function (like the "Add list"
entries in the management interface).  In your case, I think it
should be: "manage_addProduct/PTKHelloWorld/CPTKHW_add".

Tres.
Tres Seaver                            tseaver@digicool.com
Digital Creations    "Zope Dealers"    http://www.zope.org