[Zope-PTK] Packaging/Installation question

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 10:47:40 -0400

Christopher Petrilli wrote:
> I think the bigger question (since this is how I teach people to write code)
> is how to distribute ZClasses with their underlying Base product?  What
> you'd really like to be ablet o do is point Zope at a "bundle" and have it
> do the right thing.  This bundle would have the Python files AND the
> ZClasses in it, and it owuld all get automagically intsalled.

I looked at Product.py again with that in mind.  It looks as though the
choice has been made to make filesystem products and ZClass products
mutually exclusive. I don't know why.

You could make use of a convention Kevin used: the fs-based portions
get a standard product name, while the ZClass definitions go in a
product with a name ending in "Z".  "Membership" and "MembershipZ".

Shane