[Zope-PTK] Membership 0.6.0 (and user object format)

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 21:04:20 -0600

Kevin Dangoor wrote:

>     I have just released an updated Membership component. The Product can be
> found here:
> http://www.zope.org/Members/tazzzzz/Membership
>
>     This release corrects the problem with replacing an existing UserFolder
> acl_users, in addition to a few
> other changes. If you have an existing Membership system, you can select
> "Membership System" from the
> add menu to update the UI methods.
>
>     I'm also trying out a packaging change. I have packaged it using the
> Distribution tab, so all you need to do is untar the file. If you want to
> make changes to the through the web product (MembershipZ), you should
> probably install the .zexp file which is also available.

This new stuff (not sure what the cause is) creates a serious problem on
my CVS (today) Dump. /manage somehow gets mapped to /loggedIn ?? This
means I can't log in to the manage interface anymore. So, to get around
it:
 o I stopped the server
 o moved the Data.fs
 o copied over a clean one
 o started the  server
 o Logged in
 o Stayed there while stopping
   the server from the CL
 o Copied the original Data.fs back
 o Started the server
 o Refreshed the frames individually

I tried a clean build & install, and nothing changed. Not so good.
Haven't tried it with 2.2b2 yet ...

I'm going to study the LM API so I can come up with some user management
stuff as soon as the User Object stuff is settled.