[Zope-PTK] example site?

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 10:06:46 -0600

Gidon Friedman wrote:

> a demo site is easy to setup in 20 minutes ;-)
> but to convince investors to put money into a site that
> uses PTK needs a little bit more ... any ideas?

Don't try to sell them on the PTK. Sell them on the site. Investors
generally don't care much about the actual technology, other than
playing buzzword bingo.

Now, an early (read, not had the underlying code updated in a long time
;) PTK site is at http://theigloo.libc.org .
A site I initially put up in about 30 minutes:
http://gaming.activeboise.com

This one _was_ going to use the PTK, but now appears it will just use
parts of it. I have an experimental version, trying out the Membership
System Kevin is working on on port 9400 at the same server.
But for investors, you should concentrate on what your site provides,
not what the PTK does. If you need to demonstrate the technology
itsself, point them at http://www.zope.org/About . To show off the PTK,
show off how easy it is for members to contribute content. Just remember
that PTK is not in a release state, so practice your demo first! Sucks
to have something not work right/at all when doing a demo. Just as Mr.
gates.