[Zope-PTK] Solved?! (Can't import DemoPortal.zexp)

Dan L. Pierson dan@sol.control.com
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 09:13:31 -0400 (EDT)

Jonathan writes:
 > >The problem is that someone has removed the PersistentUserSource file from
 > >PTKDemo, where MemberMixIn resides.  I tired adding it back myself but that
 > >doesn't help...
 >
 > Solved it more or less (I hope). It imports and adds a 'Portal' to
 > the list of available objects. Here's how:
 >
 >   - Copy 'PersistentUserSource.py' from 'Membership'
 >     to 'PTKDemo' (both in your products folder)
 >   - Open '__init__.py' in 'PTKDemo'
 >   - Add 'PersistentUserSource' to import
 >   - Add the following code below the membership classes:
 >
 >     context.registerBaseClass(PersistentUserSource.MemberMixin,
 >                               '_ZClass_for_MemberMixin')
 >
 > I am not sure that's how it's supposed to work, but it works so far :)

The trouble is that things are transitioning now until Kevin decides
that Membership is OK.  Then what needs to happen is:

1. PTK requires Membership as well as LoginManager/ZPatterns.

2. DemoPortal.zexp is changed to use MemberMixin from Membership.

For now, I might try to replace the PersistentUserSource.py in PTKDemo
with a dummy file that just imports the one from Membership to avoid
keeping the two in sync.