[Zope-PTK] Comparision with SquishDot

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Sat, 24 Jun 2000 16:23:21 +0100

David Burch wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to decide between using PTK and SquishDot and I would appreciate
> any input on limitations, ease of use, programming required to implement,
> performance, etc.

What are you aiming to do?

How many users?

Do your users take on different roles?

When do you aim to deliver a working version?

How critical is the timing of the project?

What is your project team's background in developing software in Python?

What is your project team's background in developing software using
Zope?

How do you expect the system's requirements to evolve over the next
three months?

Do you need to interface with external systems for authentication?

Do you need to interface with databases other than the ZODB?

Answer these questions and I'll try to give you reasonable answers. :-)

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer