[Zope-PTK] PTK questions

sean@horse101.com sean@horse101.com
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 17:35:01 -0700

Hi,

I am trying to setup the PTK to be useful while also being fairly new
to Zope and the PTK.  I seemed to have fixed the members
index_html file (except for the "admin" user who does not have and
index_html and so yields and error) with another's posted fix, and
and I am now trying to resolve some other questions...

1)
When I try to delete test members by deleting
them from the MEMBERS folder, I get the error that thier
index_html file cannot be deleted (the index_html is listed in each
member's folder):
Error is...

Error Type: ValueError
Error Value: Uncatalog of absent id
'/IntraPort/Members/membername/index_html'

2)
Where/how do you make it so that all new members are
automatically given contributor rights? (I don't want to have to
publish everyone's stuff in small company intranet)

In general, I am trying to provide enough security so that nobody
but members can see the site.

I could take a few approaches-
a) I could make it so that visitors can have enough rights to join,
but not to see any data.
b) I could make it so that nobody can even see the index_html
screen unless they are members (which means I would have to
create their user account myself before they can access) This is
starting to look like the easiest method, because then I can give
them contributor rights.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

--Sean