[Zope-PTK] Getting it all to work ;-)

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 15:27:54 +0100

Kevin Dangoor wrote:
> > (If PTK depends on ZPatterns, this step needs to be eliminated before
> > PTK 1.0 ;-)
>
> The DynPersist thing will go away, because it is not needed with Zope 2.2.

That's good to hear :-)

> The current version of LoginManager does not work with ZPatterns 0.4. You
> should be fine if you install ZPatterns 0.3.

Okay, got further now, thanks :-)

The question still remains, is this LoginManager any different from the
one at:
http://www.zope.org/Members/tsarna/LoginManager/

I don't think it should be and I don't think it should be in the PTK
CVS.
What do other people think about this?

> Also, as I understand it, the DemoPortal.zexp file does not work in the
> current CVS version.

Would this be the following?:

Error Type: SystemError
Error Value: Failed to import class _ZClass_for_MemberMixin from module
Products.

Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/local/zope/2-1-6/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 214,
in publish_module
  File /usr/local/zope/2-1-6/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 179,
in publish
  File /usr/local/zope/2-1-6/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 202, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
  File /usr/local/zope/2-1-6/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 165,
in publish
  File /usr/local/zope/2-1-6/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 160,
in mapply
    (Object: manage_importObject)
  File /usr/local/zope/2-1-6/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 102,
in call_object
    (Object: manage_importObject)
  File /usr/local/zope/2-1-6/lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py, line 484,
in manage_importObject
    (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
  File /usr/local/zope/2-1-6/lib/python/ZODB/ExportImport.py, line 284,
in importFile
SystemError: (see above)

> I have a fixed version here, but Shane said that he
> worked on it as well... so, I didn't want to step in the way of what he was
> doing.

The current CVS version was last touched by Mike P :/
If you don't want to tread on Shane's toes, check it in on a branch, but
definitely check it in...

In fact, unless people comment otherwise, I'd just go ahead and check it
in on the trunk, Shane can still check his in on a branch, or on the
trunk later...

If you really dont' want to check anything in, could you forward me a
copy?

> If there is interest, I can probably make a very simple to install
> snapshot of the current PTK.

I can't really comment on this since I dont' know what state the current
stuff is in and whether or not it'd be worth doing a snapshot. What do
other people think?

cheers,

Chris