[Zope-PTK] Getting it all to work ;-)

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 15:41:42 +0100

> Shane patched the PTK LoginManager to fix a bug that prevented adding the LM
> to objects other than the root. Once this patch makes it in to the official
> LM distribution, I agree that LM shouldn't really be in the PTK CVS.
> (Unless, of course, Ty wants to put it there and make that authoritative...)

Okay, this isn't pretty but I guess we'll have to live with it. It'd be
great if ty could chime in on this right now ;-)

> I *do* think it would be nice to make a package so that people can download
> and install Zope, then download and untar the PTK package and be all set.
> That should be easy to do.

Well, my view is that LoginManager is so generically useful that is
should form part of the main Zope source and so, like ZCatalog, should
be there when you install Zope. I might make a post about this area to
the Zope-Dev list in the near future...

> > If you really dont' want to check anything in, could you forward me a
> > copy?
>
> I never got my CVS access working :(

Hmm, well, can you email me a copy and I'll check it in on your behalf.

What didn't work with CVS? It was quite hairy but I have got it working
and I'd like to help :-)

> I should qualify this by stating that the "easy to install snapshot" would
> still not be intended for use in a real environment (any more than
> Membership is now). It's more because there is a lot of curiousity around
> PTK, but getting PTK installed right now is a pain, even for people who have
> CVS running.

No kidding... ;-)

> I haven't cataloged Membership, and I wouldn't catalog this thing either...

Urk, my brain is falling apart, what is Membership and how does it works
(links are a perfectly acceptabel answer ;-)

cheers,

Chris