[Zope-PTK] How is the review process meant to work? (was: providing a read-only interface) interface)

Mike Pelletier mike@digicool.com
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 11:06:48 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, Paul Browning wrote:

> I haven't fathomed how the Reviewer is alerted that there is
> something new to approve. Could someone clarify? Is an e-mail
> meant to be sent to reviewers, is there an in-tray of stuff
> to be reviewed somewhere, do the lights flash in your room?

    The only way at the moment is via the search form.  If you are a
Reviewer, the first option on the page allows you to restrict to results
to any combination of private, pending and published items.  (Though I
don't think Reviewers have permission to view private items...  This
input should be restricted to the kinds of content you're allowed to see,
but there's no way to ask what those kinds are yet.)  So, click on
'pending' and hit enter.  You will get all the pending objects.

    The DemoPortal really should send mail to Reviewers when a request is
made.  To tell the truth, the only reason it doesn't is because I didn't
want to flood myself with my own review requests all the time...  A pretty
weak reason, I know.

    You would send the notices in the 'review_policy' method of your
portal object.  Perhaps there should be a streamlined way of issueing mail
to classes of users.

> Also: in my experiments I can't get any user with the Reviewer
> role to approve things - I can only get users with the Manager
> role to approve stuff.

    I think I fixed this recently, but I shall look into it.

> Also, also: I can't make users with the role Contributor to approve
> their own stuff. I can make users with the role Reviewer approve
> their own stuff OK (but not that of other users - see first Also:).

    This is new to me.  Thanks, I'll look into it, too!

Mike.

--
Mike Pelletier                          email: mike@digicool.com
Mild mannered software developer          icq: 7127228