[Zope-PTK] PtkFixup ZWiki

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Wed, 10 May 2000 19:20:40 -0500

At 02:30 PM 5/10/00 -0400, Dan L. Pierson wrote:
>Steve Alexander and I have been looking at how to get PTK working with
>the new LoginManager.  We decided to put up a ZWiki to discuss it at:
>http://www.zope.org/Members/dlpierson/PtkFixup/FrontPage.
>
>All the current content is my fault.  PLEASE feel free to add some
>more.

I haven't looked at the PTK code yet, but your page on the
PersistentUserSource sounds pretty dead-on.  By LoginManager 0.9.0 or 1.0.0
we should have a PersistentUserSource which is usable in place of the PTK
version (possibly with some add-on of DTML or Python Methods to its Methods
tab).  Note that any other kind of UserSource besides PUS should *already*
be usable in such a fashion; it's just the addUser support and anything
else PTK needs that has to be grafted on using the source's Methods tab.
As of 0.8.5, the GUS should support adding as many persistent property
sheets as you like to users, even if they come from non-ZODB sources.