[Zope-PTK] "score" or "sortOrder" for PortalContent?

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Fri, 19 May 2000 13:45:21 -0400

    In KM|Net News, I use a "score" property to determine the sort order.
This property is defined to be a combination of "importance" and release
time. I have other objects in which "score" is a single digit number,
followed by the title. This allows me to sort in a generally alphabetized
manner, with certain objects showing up above others. If you think of using
this in a Link directory (like Yahoo!), you could use this feature to put
your Picks at the top of the listing, like Yahoo! does.

    I think it would be generally useful to have something like this as a
standard part of PortalContent. What say you all? We can call it "sortOrder"
or "score" or anything that seems more appropriate...

Kevin
http://www.byproducts.com - Humor and Novelties