[Zope-PTK] PTK, LoginManager and user maintenance

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Wed, 24 May 2000 19:32:49 +0100

"Dan L. Pierson" wrote:

> Clearly one of two things needs to be done:
>
> 1. PTK is changed to always use LoginManager and all the other options
> are wrapped as UserSources.
>
> 2. PTK grows a user folder abstraction that hides user folder
> differences from the main portal code.  The PTK creation wizard then
> calls the user folder abstraction with appropriate arguments.  This
> sounds like replicating a bunch of stuff that LoginManager already
> does, but I don't know if others would find it acceptable to make PTK
> require LoginManager quite yet.

I'm definitely in favour of the first option.

I think the only reason PTK had a "ZODB user folder" was that the
LoginManager it was packaged with had only just been hacked in to work
with PTK.

Therefore, I'd suggest ditching PTK's own system, and make it properly
and soley dependent on LoginManager.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer