[Zope-PTK] Announce: PTK 0.9.2 released
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 22:58:19 -0500 (EST)
I have uploaded a tarball for the 0.9.2 release of the PTK; it
can be found at: http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK.
* ZopePTK-0.9.2-src.tar.gz: Wizard and DemoPortal products
are *only* available as export files. Note that *many* changes
are available only in the updated DemoPortal product.
Please see the "Install notes":/Products/PTK/install.
* Removed antique UML from snapshot tarball.
* Cleaned up PortalFolder's implementation of the "metatypes"
protocol required by ObjectManager (working on copy/paste/import
issues). Tracker #'s 116, 130, 131, 133. (Note that some
problems still remain, buried in the guts of Zope's paste
machinery and acquisition/security interactions).
* Restored content migration code (for pre-0.8 content).
* Added "expiration filter" to catalog searching. Tracker
* Corrected interface breakage caused by changes to DublinCore
implementation. Tracker #'s 109, 114, 115, 119, 122, 126.
* Implemented "browser sniff" in the 'css_aware' stylesheet
code; NS4 should get styles inline, while less brain-damaged
browsers continue to get '<link href="...">' version.
* Added one-pixel, transparent 'spacer.gif' to all interfaces;
may fix some "broken pipe" Medusa tracebacks. Tracker #128.
* New "Software Engineering" interface (soon to be the
basis for a fishbowl/dogfood site).
* Split DublinCore into three interfaces:
- DublinCore, for external queries
- CataloguableDublinCore (returns dates for better searching)
Added indexes/metadata to catalog for these fields.
* Suppressed non-content (e.g., DTMLMethods) in folder_contents
* Cleaned up some of PortalFolder's interface warts, and
its registration as an addable object.
Please direct questions to the Zope-PTK list (firstname.lastname@example.org),
and submit bug reports (patches would be great!) and feature
requests to the PTK tracker (http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK/Tracker).
Tres Seaver email@example.com
Digital Creations "Zope Dealers" http://www.zope.org