[Zope-PTK] Announcing ZPatterns 0.4.3b1 and LoginManager 0.8.8b1

Ty Sarna tsarna@endicor.com
19 Oct 2000 14:57:26 GMT

In article <39EED5F0.1D9C5628@maxnm.com>,
Itamar Shtull-Trauring  <itamar@maxnm.com> wrote:
> Michael Bernstein wrote:
>
> > So which is it? Is the local roles fix in, or not?
> >
> > I'd also be very interested in hearingzopee about this
> > broken interface in Zope.
>
> The broken interface is that Zope requires a list of all users, which may
> not be available.  Instead, you should be able to type in a user's name,
> Zope checks if it exists, and if it does lets you set its local roles.

That's also a broken (user) interface, but not the one fixed by the
"Local roles improvement patch" which is included in 0.8.8b1.  That one
is a code interface issue: in order to find out what local roles a user
has over an object, it asks for a list of all local roles for *all*
users, and then pulls out the information for the one particular user.
The patch fixes that, making local roles computation much more
efficient.