[Zope-PTK] Good Practice?

Lucas Hofman lucas.hofman@oslo.pgs.com
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 08:30:45 +0200

I created an intranet for our company (about 70 researchers in 4
countries) to keep track of reports and ongoing activities. This is
based on Zope 2.1.6 and PTK 0.7.1. Customization was done by changing
dmtl and python code in PTKBbase (don't laugh, I did not know better at
the time). I added portal content types and wizards, extended dublin
core etc,
disabled discussion threads etc.

Now a major upgrade is needed.

1. Would you advise to use PTK 0.8.2 or PTK 0.9.0.? Stability is the
most important issue here.

2. what is the best way to customize the demoportal functionality with
regard to merging in future developments? In a way, a document called
"Building your own site with the PTK" is needed. Or is that information
available somewhere?

Regards, Lucas
--
Lucas Hofman
PGS Seres                                        tel: +47 67514059