[Zope-PTK] What is the PTK?

Chris Withers fresh@bay-c.co.uk
Wed, 06 Sep 2000 19:27:08 +0100

Bill Anderson wrote:
> > - the "everything derive from one base class" idea,
>
> Actually, IIRC, the original PTK stuff did this, adn we are currently moving away from it.

Yeah, the 'tools' way of doing things seems to be a much better way to
go. That said, why do 'tools' need to be instantiated inside a Portal
object?

Also, is it just me, or is ther currently still a need to subclass
PortalContent? If so, why so, and is it a good idea?

I'm just fumbling in he dark here still, so please tell me if I'm way
out...

> > - and some ideas we are currently experimenting about "per meta_type
> > templating"
>
> Elaborate please.

Yes, please do :-)

> though-I-do-want-to-see-renderable-as-zope-core-ly y'rs Bill

Here, here! :-)

(some of ZPatterns could do with being there too IMVHO)

cheers,

Chris