[Zope-PTK] Integrating Membership with SMBUserFolder (was: [Zope-PTK] Integratingzope portal toolkit and ntuserfolder)zope portal toolkit and ntuserfolder)

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 08:52:21 -0500

At 03:42 PM 9/20/00 +0200, Monty Taylor wrote:

>The one problem I could see with this is the implementation of a RDBMS backed
>data-source.

Actually, with the latest version of ZPatterns, you could handle even that.
 All you would need is to use a "Persistent External Attribute Provider"
set to handle all attributes not handled by the RDBMS.  The folder data
would then be stored in the ZODB.

However, on the subject of whether you *should* do this, I'm inclined to
think that a "member folder" is a relationship object between a portal and
the user object, and thus is per-portal per-user, not simply per-user.
However, it is also reasonable IMHO, to have a Member (User derivative
object) implement a "getMemberFolder" method, which you can override as you
see fit in your situation.