[Zope-CMF] Skinning (translating) the actionbox

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 09:54:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Paul Everitt wrote:

> I think that having Python Scripts in skins as the "presentation logic"
> is a good idea, and that this is a good candidate for a Python Script.
> That is, a Python Script that returns a sequence of sequences:
>
> ActionsItems.py
> ----------------
>
> def list_action_items():
>   return [
>     ('Action One Label', '/action/one/url'),
>     ('Action Two Label', '/action/two/url'),
>     ]
>
> It's hard to construct something more convenient than Python for
> representing this.

Hmm... I just took another look at ActionsTool and decided that maybe
you're on to something after all.  I should not be so quick to dismiss
ideas.  ActionsTool would not go away but would use a script to generate
actions.  Community, what would you prefer: editing a short script or
filling in properties?  The script idea is more flexible but requires more
knowledge by the portal manager.

Shane