[Zope-CMF] Grouping Members ??

Johan Carlsson johanc@torped.se
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 20:57:28 +0200

> Hello all,
>=20
> Can CMF group members into different Group ?
> For the same group members, they can access any contents information =
for
> their group.
>=20
> Thanks You!

Hi,
There is no group support in Zope or CMF (as far as I know).
I been thinking about making an extended UserManager
(using LoginManager) that would support groups of users.
My plan is to connect users to groups with roles, so that
a user gets a role with in a group.

It would also be necessary to add a GroupSupport Mixin
(or manipulate the RoleManager) to extend the localroles=20
support to also include groups.

If one of the users groups have rights on a object the users
will get there roles in that group as there localrole.

Unfortunately I am tied up with consulting work at the moment
(and learing CMF).

Regards,
Johan